Tuesday 1 April 2014

Applying Custom Textures. And Final Tweaking.





For Revival Cycles datum level (Machine) I have chosen the texture 'Dense'. After initially drawing this texture I almost immediately knew I would apply it to my final design. However applying it to what was the harder answer. To me the design didn't fit with the essence of the actual architecture. The architecture sets out to be ordered, whilst appearing random it is not, this texture however, is. I drew a connection between the denseness of the drawing reflecting the history, labour and time to come from these motorcycles. So I made the texture as a decal to be applied to the motorcycles.



For the Heston Blumenthal datum level (Playful) I have chosen 'Opaque'. Firstly the texture pattern quite clearly reflected that of the entire architectural design. I wanted to create a gesture that reflected the architecture but however was quite clearly more or less complimenting or even celebrating it. The shape of the seats/tables was an angular design which I wanted to reflect the ordered slopes of the building. 


Below are Sketchup Models, in almost complete mode. The structure and form in just about 100% finalised, the materials, terrain, and other components have not been entered yet.




A visual representation to see how the structure is divided into halves and halves again to form the what seem to be irregular random angles, but really are carefully thought out and considered.



Above and below is some experimentation with developing windows and a structural element to hold up the folding off roof.






These three drawings are my finalised models which will soon become my final design.




No comments:

Post a Comment