Monday 31 March 2014

Creative. Great Architecture. Beauty.



The best piece of my creative work is a hard choice. Too subjective, I've chosen one of my favourite creative pieces. Whilst I'm a fan of computer drawing and modelling hand drawing has always been my favourite thing to do since I can remember. This drawing in biro pen of Frank Lloyd Wright is one of the many drawings I've done. I'm incredibly picky and stubborn about who or what. I'll only create things close to my heart. 
What's the point of doing something if you're not fully in it?


My favourite kind of weather is the gloom and doom sort. I took this photograph of Harry Seidler's 1977 MLC Centre, Martin Place on a cold foggy day in 2013, a walk I take every day. It is a brilliant definition of great architecture. Sydney is my home and I always feel warm seeing great work created where I live. Seidler's passion to connect pedestrians to architecture with the intention of merging art, people and space in one building is an idea I've always been passionate about.


Lastly is photograph of something beautiful. A flower from my front garden. I live in the same house, my mother was born and grew up in, the same house my grandfather and grandmother built, raised their family in, and the same street my 92 year old grandmother has lived all her life. This flower sits on a small shrub that is nearly 60 years old. Every year flowers bloom on that shrub, as I've witnessed my entire life so far, yet in later years only one or two flowers have bloomed each season. This flower bloomed last year, and while spring is still around the corner it's a somber thought to think this may be the last flower.

No comments:

Post a Comment