Monday 31 March 2014

Stair Sections (Developed)



The first five drawings (left to right) were the first model projections of my idea to join the stairs and the three rooms into one developed design; where the definition of what is a stair and what is a room can be questioned.
The last four drawings is so far the largest model created. I decided jump straight to it and try to create this idea what I've been thinking. A Klein bottle type design.


Above and below are two images. A photograph and Plan drawing of the Klein Bottle House by McBride Charles Ryan, 2010.

My tutor Stephen reminded me of the award winning design and suggested I take a look at it. After reading quite a bit more about it and watching some lectures of the architect I felt more confident about my own design and saw potential in what I could achieve for my building.




No comments:

Post a Comment