Monday 31 March 2014

Stair Sections (Initial).



Drawings left to right, top to bottom.

Here are 18 stair sketches from a selection of many more. There 18 I think best capture the idea I had from my initial thoughts to what I would later develop to my final model.
ROW 1,2.
To first develop my design I had to play around with a few random ideas. I mostly threw around ideas of the overall visual aesthetic and appearance.
ROW 3.
After playing around with visuals I had to step back and relate back to the three words I'd chosen for each of the clients. It was clear. It was the form that should create the visual language of the stairs. 
ROW 4,5,6.
These final initial drawings were where things really developed into my final idea. I wanted to replicate a Klein bottle, shell or spiral type movement. It was important for me to remove the idea of the stairs. I don't want the idea of stairs in its linear pattern of placement (in the corner or centre of a room) I wanted the rooms to be the stairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment